Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Our Trees  Our Trees
  We've upgraded to YaBB 2.5.2!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sarah Holgate Descendants (Read 4078 times)
Barb_Page
YaBB Newbies

Climbing the Family Tree
to find my roots

Courtenay, BC
Sarah Holgate Descendants
Dec 5th, 2006 at 12:20pm

Descendants of Sarah Holgate and Jonathan Lee

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login (975 KB | )

Barbara Lee Page
IP Logged

Randy Ruller
YaBB Administrator

My hovercraft is full
of eels

Casselman, Ontario, Canada
Re: Sarah Holgate Descendants
Reply #1 - Dec 5th, 2006 at 3:32pm

The Holgate Tree is now up at "Our Trees" as well.

Click on the “Our Trees” icon at the top of this page to visit any of our trees.

Randy Ruller&&randy@randoon.com&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login
IP Logged

Mel Ruller
YaBB Moderator

I love Genealogy!

Reply #2 - Dec 5th, 2006 at 5:13pm

Wow this is a welcome addition to our Family Trees!

Are you aware that on this “Holgate Tree, Sarah Holgate, wife of Jonathan  Lee,

And on The Ruller Tree,  Eliza Holgate, wife of William George Ruller.

Are sisters??

That makes William Ruller and Jonathan Lee Brothers-in-law

You can see this connection, (although I have not yet “connected” the two trees), in the RULLER tree, by looking up Eliza Holgate’s parents, who are Samuel Holgate and Mary Bisken Wells

A total of seven children are shown for Samuel Holgate and Mary Bisken Wells, including both of these two  girls,  Sarah and Eliza

This makes all of the Rullers and all of the Lees, and all of their relatives, related. That's getting to be one BIG family

This would be a “Neat” connection to show on “Our Trees”, or would that make the file too big?

Speaking of file size, The biggest Family Tree Maker files that I have for this collective family are;

Ruller                     8813
Sarahholgate         2304
Jacob Shoemaker   1042
Kimpel Family Tree  2992

All of these files have connections to each other and could be made into one big file!

Another REMARKABLE coincidence is that these two men, Jonathan Lee and William Ruller.

-Were less than a year different in age.
-Were both married in the same church in Snaith, YKS, England, in 1836 and 1839
-Started out living either next door or 2 doors apart in Rawcliffe Bridge in Yorkshire in the 1840 census
-Immigrated to Canada in 1841 for Jonathan and 1842 for William, (Is it possible this information is out by a year and they came to Canada together?)
-By 1890 they had both immigrated to Manitoba. They lived there and died about 120 miles apart, in Woodward and Portage la Prairie.

By the way the village of Rawcliffe Bridge in YKS England, is not the same as Rawcliffe in YKS.
Rawcliffe is much bigger, having several streets,a large church and some pubs etc.
Rawcliffe bridge is a few miles away on the same main road. It has almost only that one main street and buildings on one side of the road only. The canal is on the other side.

Mel Ruller

Mel Ruller&&mruller@cogeco.ca&&1-519-846-0425&&39 Sophia Street, Elora, Ont. N0B 1S0 Canada

IP Logged

Barb_Page
YaBB Newbies

Climbing the Family Tree
to find my roots

Courtenay, BC
Reply #3 - Dec 5th, 2006 at 10:47pm

According to the information I have, Jonathan Lee and wife Sarah Holgate left England in 1843.  Jonathan Lee Jr. was born on the way across.

Barb

Barbara Lee Page
IP Logged

Admin
YaBB Administrator

The more I know the more
I forget :(

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reply #4 - Dec 9th, 2006 at 9:54am

Remarkable!

Montezuma Brothers, my great great Granddad was also born onboard a ship, the USS Montezuma, on Sept 27th 1824.

Is there more info you can share?

Quote:
According to the information I have, Jonathan Lee and wife Sarah Holgate left England in 1843.  Jonathan Lee Jr. was born on the way across.

Barb

Randy Ruller&&randy@randoon.com&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print