Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Our Trees  Our Trees
  Welcome to the Kinfolks.ca Forums!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Two steps to better looking photos (Read 2220 times)
Randy Ruller
YaBB Administrator

My hovercraft is full
of eels

Casselman, Ontario, Canada
Two steps to better looking photos
Mar 16th, 2005 at 3:04pm

PhotoShop and PhotoShop Elements have two powerful tools that if used in concert with one another, on poorly exposed or faded photos can improve the appearance of your image dramatically.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login
These two tools are called;             “Levels…”    and the “Unsharp Mask filter”.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login and Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login
Click each link, above, for instructions on using them.

Randy Ruller&&randy@randoon.com&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login
IP Logged

Mel Ruller
YaBB Moderator

I love Genealogy!

Re: Two steps to better looking photos
Reply #1 - Mar 16th, 2005 at 4:56pm

Thanks for these instructions Randy!

I have lots of pictures that look like the "faded" example you provided.

Although the instructions are technical and detailed, I encourage anyone who has the "Photoshop" program, to try to follow it through. The results make it more than worth the effort, and once you've learned on the first photo the rest will be easier.

Thanks Randy, I can't wait to start improving my old photos.

Mel Ruller&&mruller@cogeco.ca&&1-519-846-0425&&39 Sophia Street, Elora, Ont. N0B 1S0 Canada

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print