Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Our Trees  Our Trees
  Welcome to the Kinfolks.ca Forums!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Writings of Thomas Brothers (Read 2363 times)
Melinda
YaBB Moderator

We should be dancing!

Washington, USA
Writings of Thomas Brothers
Feb 24th, 2005 at 6:12pm

Several years ago, Carole Chapman found these online clips about Thomas Brothers' writings.  Do a search on each for "Brothers".

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login

In one article it sounds like Thomas Brothers wrote a book "The Radical Reformer".  I recenlty found these online articles, and it appears that "The Radical Reformer" was a Philadelphia weekly publication, edited and published by Thomas Brothers.  Again, do a search on each for "Brothers".

I'd love to get my hands on some of these writings.  Montezuma talks a lot about his father writing many books, and how he was "his father's pen".

Melinda

IP Logged

Mel Ruller
YaBB Moderator

I love Genealogy!

Re: Writings of Thomas Brothers
Reply #1 - Mar 1st, 2005 at 2:11pm

I must admit that at first I couldn't find any "Brothers" by doing a search on the links that you provided above.

Only after coming back to them three times did I figure out that I think you meant "Do a find" on each of the documents that your link brings up.

I only recently learned about  this "Find" tool!

If there's anybody else who doesn't know, you click on <Edit> at the very top of the page, A dialogue box opens with <Find on this page> at the bottom of the list. Click on the <Find on this page> and another box opens saying <Find what> Type in any word you want to find and press <Find Next> and the first occurence of the word you want is highlighted!

Thanks Melinda:

It took me a while to figure out that you are pointing out to us that Thomas Brothers edited and published a weekly publication in Philadelphia, called "The Radical Reformer," around 1836!!

You are right. I'd like to know what he said in those publications. From the other links you provided, it seems like it was about "The working man's plight?"

Mel Ruller&&mruller@cogeco.ca&&1-519-846-0425&&39 Sophia Street, Elora, Ont. N0B 1S0 Canada

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print