Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Our Trees  Our Trees
  We've upgraded to YaBB 2.5.2!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Why do I have to "Login" new every day? (Read 2608 times)
Mel Ruller

I love Genealogy!

Why do I have to "Login" new every day?
Feb 19th, 2005 at 9:42am

Lately it seems like I have to do a new login every day!!

I have checked the "always stay logged in" Box.

I don't "Log Out" when I leave the program, I just click to "close" the program.

It didn't used to work this way.

Doing all the same as above, the program used to re-open to the home page as soon as I clicked the Icon on my desktop (Bypassing the need to login every time)

The program does seem to reopen without a new login when I visit within a few minutes, or the same day?

Thanks Mel

Mel Ruller&&mruller@cogeco.ca&&1-519-846-0425&&39 Sophia Street, Elora, Ont. N0B 1S0 Canada

IP Logged

Randy Ruller
YaBB Administrator

My hovercraft is full
of eels

Casselman, Ontario, Canada
Re: Why do I have to "Login" new every d
Reply #1 - Feb 24th, 2005 at 12:05pm

We were able to determine the cause of this members trouble by discussing it with him.

When you are logged into the YaBB a small file called a cookie resides in your temporary internet file folder.

Because of the concern of low disk space, this member had recently started clearing his temporary folder from the Internet options menu in the control panel. By performing this action, he was deleting his YaBB cookie and effectively logging himself out.
« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2005 at 3:47pm by Randy Ruller »  

Randy Ruller&&randy@randoon.com&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print