RULLER, William T (Read 3163 times)
Randy Ruller
YaBB Administrator

My hovercraft is full
of eels

Casselman, Ontario, Canada
RULLER, William T
Feb 17th, 2005 at 12:01pm

Here is just a bit of trivia about William T Ruller, my Great Granddad.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login

Sourse: Historical Atlas of the County of Wellington, Ontario.
Toronto: Historical Atlas Publishing Co., 1906

If anyone can contribute to this thread it would be excellent.
« Last Edit: Feb 17th, 2005 at 8:34pm by Randy Ruller »  

Randy Ruller&&randy@randoon.com&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login
IP Logged

Monty Ruller
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Welland Ontario
Re: RULLER, William T
Reply #1 - Dec 18th, 2005 at 7:45pm

Randy I have a copy of the Historical Atlas of Wellington County published in 1906, The copy I have is a reprint printed in 1972. It is 17.5in long 12in wide and is in great shape. I bought it at the musem located between Elora and Fergus an  number of years ago.
Monty Ruller

IP Logged

Randy Ruller
YaBB Administrator

My hovercraft is full
of eels

Casselman, Ontario, Canada
Reply #2 - Dec 19th, 2005 at 5:11pm

Excellent Monty, Hang on to that! Have you seen any "Brothers" entrees in that atlas?

I was hoping folks might contribute some tales (stories about W.T. and or our family).

For instants, I was on W.T. Ruller’s 1906 property, up in Minto in June of 2005 & am interested in knowing if this model barn in the back yard was a barn from days gone by, or just a toy.

No one was home the day I was there so I just walked around taking pictures. The back of the house had an addition on it so I respected that as "new" and didn’t shoot anything, outside of this model barn next to the swing set.

You can see from this shot of the barn, that there seems to be a basement under the extension of the house. I've been wondering if there is and or was a basement under the house in 1906. Did your Dad ever mention one?

If anyone wants other shots of the place shot in 2004-2005 just ask. Dad & I have both winter & summer photos.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login (150 KB | )

Randy Ruller&&randy@randoon.com&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login
IP Logged

Monty Ruller
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Welland Ontario
Reply #3 - Jan 18th, 2006 at 11:44am

I have not seen any "Brothers" entries in the Atlas. I found another book I have called School Days 1849-1970. It is a history of Elora High School with a lot of class pictures including one of the 1947-48 grade 9 class. Your dad is sitting in the front row.There is a note about your dad.Quote "Melvin Ruller wa a great one for pranks.One day he threw a piece of chalk and almost hit Mr.Saunders.When the class was asked who had done it, Melvin said it was a piece of plaster from the ceiling. Mr.Saunders looked up at the wooden ceiling and went on with his lesson. Another time, Mel noticed someone drinking from the water fountine. He held his head under the tap only to realize that it was the same Mr.Saunders".

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print