Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Our Trees  Our Trees
  We've upgraded to YaBB 2.5.2!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ruller_Amos_and_Family (Read 3193 times)
Mel Ruller
YaBB Moderator

I love Genealogy!

Ruller_Amos_and_Family
Oct 9th, 2004 at 6:37am

Attached above is a photo of Amos Ruller and Minnie Bender. The photo was taken at Zurbrigg's photo studio in Palmerston, Ontario. (According to the death notice in the paper. Her name was Marlinda, not Melinda, However it probably was spelled Melinda as evidenced by daughter Mary's middle name.) Apparently she was known as Minnie. They went "out West" some time after their marriage. (Minnie's family was from the same area of Ontario as the Rullers) I don't have a marriage date for them, but their first child Samuel was born, February 20, 1902

If anyone has more information, please post it. Thanks

The original of this picture is in High resolution and the file is a bmp, size 2.06MB. If anyone wants a copy of the original please contact me. Mel

See more pictures in following posts.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login (495 KB | )

Mel Ruller&&mruller@cogeco.ca&&1-519-846-0425&&39 Sophia Street, Elora, Ont. N0B 1S0 Canada

IP Logged

Mel Ruller
YaBB Moderator

I love Genealogy!

Re: Ruller_Amos_and_Family
Reply #1 - Oct 9th, 2004 at 7:37am

Attached above is a photo of Amos Ruller and Minnie Bender with their family. I'm assuming that this one is taken somewhere in Manitoba, perhaps on their property? I have almost no information about where they lived or what they worked at etc. in Manitoba. They were known in Bradwardine and at least Violet later lived in Rivers Manitoba.

The names can be seen at the bottom edge of the photo. They are from L to R,
Eva, Barbara, Aim, Violet, Minnie, Mary, Sammy

The original of this picture is in High resolution and the file is a bmp, size 3.11 MB. If anyone wants a copy of the original please contact me. Mel

See more pictures in following posts.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login (306 KB | )

Mel Ruller&&mruller@cogeco.ca&&1-519-846-0425&&39 Sophia Street, Elora, Ont. N0B 1S0 Canada

IP Logged

Mel Ruller
YaBB Moderator

I love Genealogy!

SRe: Ruller_Amos_and_Family
Reply #2 - Oct 9th, 2004 at 7:47am

Attached above is a picture of Samuel Michael Ruller. This picture could have been taken in Ontario about 1904, (If Samuel is about 2 yrs. old) and if Amos and family had not moved out West yet. My Dad, Charlie Ruller, used to refer to this picture affectionately as "Little Sammy" My dad would have been only 1 year older than, "Little Sammy." They were 1st cousins.

The original of this picture is in High resolution and the file is a bmp, size 2.15MB. If anyone wants a copy of the original please contact me. Mel

« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2004 at 12:51pm by Mel Ruller »  
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login (157 KB | )

IP Logged

Melinda
YaBB Moderator

We should be dancing!

Washington, USA
Re: Ruller_Amos_and_Family
Reply #3 - Oct 9th, 2004 at 12:09pm

Amos Ruller & Melinda Bender married July 6, 1898 in Listowel, Perth County, ON.  Here is their marriage registration:

#011847-98 (Perth Co): Amos RULLER, 24, teamster, Wallace twp., Palmerston, s/o Samuel RULLER & Alice HARGREAVES, married Melina BENDER, 23, Ontario, Palmerston, d/o Michael BENDER & Barbara WOLFF, witn: William SEILER of Minto twp & Eliza RULLER of Wallace twp., 6 July 1898 at Listowel (Salv Army)

Amos & Melinda must have gone out west between 1901 and 1906, according to the census information below.  These are from the actual image records that were clear and are given just as they appeared.

1901 Census:
District: ON WELLINGTON (North/Nord) (#125)
Subdistrict: Palmerston (Town/Ville) k-1 Page 1
47   9 Ruller Amos - M   Head M Sep 23 1874 27 ON English S.A.(relgion) Pd Malt House?
48   9 Ruller Melinda - F   Wife M Dec 23 1873 25 ON German S.A.(relgion)
49   9 Ruller Eva - F   Daughter S Mar 6 1898 2 ON English S.A.(relgion)
50   9 Millson Mary - F   Domestic S Oct 20 1882 18 ON English Meth Dom

1906 Census:
Province:  Manitoba 
District Name:  Brandon District 
District Number:  1 
District Description:  Brandon, being the electoral district of Brandon 
Sub-district Description:  Townships 11 and 12, ranges 20, 21 and 22 west 
Sub-district Number:  15 
Reference: RG31 , Statistics Canada 
Microfilm Reel Number:  T-18354 
Family 108
***Page 17
Ruler, Amos Head M 32 ON Bradwardine (area of Brandon) 22(section) 11(township) 22(range) 1(meridian)
Ruler, Malinda Wife M 31 ON Bradwardine (area of Brandon)
Ruler, Eva Dau S 7 ON Bradwardine (area of Brandon)
Ruler, Samuel Son S 4 ON Bradwardine (area of Brandon)

Melinda

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print