Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Our Trees  Our Trees
  Welcome to the Kinfolks.ca Forums!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ruller Genealogy Chart(s) (Read 4434 times)
Mel Ruller
YaBB Moderator

I love Genealogy!

Ruller Genealogy Chart(s)
May 27th, 2004 at 10:23am

I think it's about time this forum provided some more useful genealogical content to other members and potential new members.

I think we (the active members), need to arrive at a consensus of what "The Correct" Ruller Genealogy Chart should Contain?? IE; should it contain all the Brothers family too? and the Hargraves, Cunninghams etc.etc.?

I'm talking about what chart would we Post on this Forum for others to look at.

I'm in favour of an "All-In-One chart, because when a new member/visitor starts looking through our chart, (family tree) they'd have no idea where it's likely to lead them. Once we agree on that we'd have to decide what format(s) to display it in. Acrobat charts? Or GEDCOM files or what other formats are available to us?

Finally after we agree on that, we'd have to agree on a "Correct Version" of our Family tree to be Posted. (I’m sure we all have varying amounts of data on the same persons in “our” family trees, not to mention the possibility of some of us having more or less or conflicting information).

Can we start a discussion on how we can accomplish all of this?

Mel

P.S. I’m leaving for a month long vacation to BC on the 29th of May, (this Saturday) so I won’t be as available to participate in this discussion for the next 4 weeks or so. (I will try to get on line at various stops along the way, so you may see me pop up from time to time.

Mel Ruller&&mruller@cogeco.ca&&1-519-846-0425&&39 Sophia Street, Elora, Ont. N0B 1S0 Canada

IP Logged

Mel Ruller
YaBB Moderator

I love Genealogy!

Re: Ruller Genealogy Chart(s)
Reply #1 - Jan 15th, 2007 at 8:48am

There's been a lot of progress since my posting above. Our family trees have grown to almost 10,000 names!

Now the perfect way for all of us to view our family trees in several different kinds of charts is on our second website, "Our Trees." Just click on the "Our Trees" tab at the top of any main page in this format.

Our second web site displays more traditional looking family trees. All of these trees can be viewed in any of the following types of charts.

-Pedigree Chart

-Descendency Chart

-Timeline Chart

-Relationship Chart

-Ancestry Chart

-Fan Chart

-Hourglass Chart.

-etc.

We can post photographs of every individual which is displayed beside their name. Many of these are complete with photos now, but we’re always looking for more. You can also view lots of interesting notes about many of the ancestors.

These charts are fantastic for reviewing your ancestors and descendents. Anyone who establishes a username and a password on The Ruller YaBB, can access the “Our Trees” site by clicking on the “Our Trees” tab. You can always toggle between the two sites. For privacy reasons, only the deceased ancestors on the “Our Trees Site”, can be viewed by the general public. All individuals who are still living, (or not shown as deceased), will show up as private, and not even their name is visible. To access the complete data base of living and deceased relatives, requires you to “Login” with an authorized username and password,  that is authorized by an administrator, upon proof that the applicant is a bona fide relative, or otherwise eligible.

All of the above two sites are completely free and available to anyone who has obtained a username and password from an administrator. whom you can contact from the site.

To toggle back from the "Our Trees" page to This Ruller YaBB page, Just click on the "YaBB" tab at the top of most pages on the "Our Trees" site.

Mel Ruller&&mruller@cogeco.ca&&1-519-846-0425&&39 Sophia Street, Elora, Ont. N0B 1S0 Canada

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print