Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Our Trees  Our Trees
  Welcome to the Kinfolks.ca Forums!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ruller_William Thomas, (W.T.)  and Ida Brothers (Read 12958 times)
Monty Ruller
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Welland Ontario
Ruller_William Thomas, (W.T.)  and Ida Brothers
Apr 22nd, 2004 at 8:03pm

This picture was taken in the fall of 1958 at their Bagot Street home in Guelph. I am not sure but they may have been celebrating their 64th wedding aniversery.
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2005 at 3:05pm by Mel Ruller »  
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login (201 KB | )

IP Logged

Mel Ruller
YaBB Moderator

I love Genealogy!

Re: Ruller_William Thomas, (W.T.)  and Ida Brother
Reply #1 - Jan 8th, 2005 at 3:05pm

The attached picture has just recently surfaced.

Clockwise from the left is Mel Ruller, Mel's wife Dorothy Ruller, (nee Kimpel) Mel's mother Gladys Ruller, (Nee Barker), At the head of the table, Mel's sister, Lois Watkins, (her husband Ron was the photographer), Mel's father, Charles Ruller, Mel's grandfather, W.T. Ruller and grandmother Ida Ruller, (nee Brothers, daughter of Montezuma brothers)

Mel and Dorothy were married in November of 1956 and they look pretty recently married in this photo. The occassion isn't identified but it looks like a special dinner, Maybe Christmas 1956, or New years 1957?

Thanks to Mel's son Terry for converting the original 35mm slide into this image.

If anyone wants a higher resolution image for reproduction I can provide it, although it might be too large for your e-mail.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login (154 KB | )

Mel Ruller&&mruller@cogeco.ca&&1-519-846-0425&&39 Sophia Street, Elora, Ont. N0B 1S0 Canada

IP Logged

Mel Ruller
YaBB Moderator

I love Genealogy!

Reply #2 - Jul 18th, 2005 at 8:45am

Hi All: The attached picture is supposed to be W.T. & Ida Ruller, (nee Brothers) and family, but I can't see W.T.? and it's not the entire family. The picture was taken at Victoria Park, beside the Irvine River Gorge in Elora circa 1950, occasion unknown. I was there.
Some of the people in this picture are still living and I appollogize in advance if I have miss identified any of them. The following is my best guess at their identities. I'd appreciate any help in correcting or adding to the identities that ai have shown.
L to R Back Row. Undistinguishable, might be Ken Ruller, next looks like one of Wesley's sons, maybe Lorne? Ida, Charles Melvin Ruller, Melvin Charles Ruller, unidentified young lady, next might be Marjorie Ruller, (nee Manuel), Ken's wife. Janet Elsie Minerva Denney (nee Ruller), unidentified, Gladys Ruller, (nee Barker)
Center row of 4. Helen Ruller, (Wes's dau.) Perhaps Marian Ruller, (Wes's dau), Pearl Ruller, (nee Kennedy, Wes's wife), Elizabeth (Lizzie), Ruller, (nee McLeod, Lloyd's wife)
Front row of six. Rilla Jane Ruller, Wesley William Ruller, Toddler is Probably Helen's Dau., unidentified grandchild, Marjorie Ruller (Lloyd's dau), Lloyd Ewart Ruller.

If anyone can identify or correct any identities of the people in this picture I'd appreciate a reply, or an e-mail, letter, or phone call.

Do you realize that you can expand this or all pictures to full size by hovering your cursor over the bottom right corner of the picture till a four way arrow appears. Click in the centre of these arrows to expand. click again to reduce.

Picture scanned by Mel Ruller from his collection, July 2005

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login (414 KB | )

Mel Ruller&&mruller@cogeco.ca&&1-519-846-0425&&39 Sophia Street, Elora, Ont. N0B 1S0 Canada

IP Logged

Mel Ruller
YaBB Moderator

I love Genealogy!

Reply #3 - Nov 6th, 2005 at 8:48am

Here is another picture obviously taken during the same occasion as the previous Ruller family picture.
This picture shows W.T. Ruller and his wife Ida Brothers and only six of their seven children. Fanny Minerva, (always known to her family as Nellie) is missing from this photo. (Fanny Minerva lived in Ottawa during the time of this photo, about a six hour drive away from Elora, where this photo was taken) From the left, the people in this photo are: W.T. Ruller, his dau. Rilla, his wife Ida Brothers, sons Charles, Lloyd and Ken, dau. Elsie and son Wesley is kneeling.
This picture just recently was found in "yet another" box of old photos.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login (243 KB | )

IP Logged

Mel Ruller
YaBB Moderator

I love Genealogy!

Reply #4 - Sep 19th, 2006 at 4:30pm

Here is a newly surfaced picture of my Grandfather, W.T. Ruller, maybe taken at Fergus, or somewhere in Ontario,  and sent to his younger brother Andrew in "the West."  W.T. is proudly displaying  a horse. He always had horses and was considered a teamster, always looking for work for his horses.

Now after all those years it's been sent back to me in Ontario!

The picture is identified on the face of the picture as: "Willie Ruller, Fergus Ont." (Obviously W.T. Ruller. )

Two handwritten notes are on the reverse;

1. Please forward to Andrew Ruller. (Obviously written when the picture of William Thomas was sent from Ontario, to Andrew in the West.

2. Andy Ruller's oldest Brother. (A reference about William Thomas Ruller.)

William Thomas was always know as W.T. for all the years that I knew him.

This very well may not have been taken on the "Fergus" Farm. I don't recognize the barn yard?? And it could have been taken before they moved to Fergus in 1926.

This picture came to me from Marjorie Mailer and her sister Rhoda (both Nee Rullers) in a thick package with a card for our 50th anniversary. There was a whole lot more stuff in the envelope that still needs checking out. (Some may be new, some I may have.) Some of it I have from Mick Beale, these two ladies are his aunts.  Rhoda is 80 years, Marjorie 82 in 2006. They are from the Eliza Ruller, Mr Martin branch of the Ruller tree.

Andrew Ruller, the original recipient of this picture, lived near and is buried in Antler Saskatchewan. The two Ruller girls, Rhoda and Marjorie, were each born in Antler Saskatchewan. The families were always very close. These two are probably the last remaining close relatives who could tell us any more about Andrew Ruller.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login (288 KB | )

IP Logged

Randy Ruller
YaBB Administrator

My hovercraft is full
of eels

Casselman, Ontario, Canada
Reply #5 - Jan 19th, 2007 at 12:24pm

This is a collage of 3 photos of the house on Lot 42 Concession 3, in Minto Township, Ontario, Canada.

These 3 shots where taken between 1911 and 2005

In the lower left are Hannah Brothers with her pony & cart, W.T, Ida, & several of the children.

This photo is in Phyllis Egan’s book, & was donated to her by Rilla Ruller.

Dad is also sure that the pony and cart were Hannah Brothers’ transportation. The same ones that Montezuma refers to in his journals, when he got them for her.

Montezuma past away on June 17th 1907, about 4 years before the date of this photo.

In Phyllis’ book the identification from the back of the photo is quoted as follows;

Ruller Family Home

2nd of Minto, Wellington County.

Wesley holding “Queen” and colt, dog “Ned,”  William T, and Ida.
Grandma Brothers (Hannah Cunningham) and Elsie
Hannah Brothers in cart and Lloyd Ruller
Pony “Jess”
Standing in front – Rilla Ruller (8 years) and Charles Ruller (10 years)

Picture taken 1911 or 1912 donated by Rilla (Ruller) Kaza

To the right, in this collage, at the bottom are Kenneth, Charles, Wesley & Lloyd Ruller infront of the house, shot at a later date, around the early 1920s.
« Last Edit: Jan 19th, 2007 at 9:21pm by Randy Ruller »  
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login (649 KB | )

Randy Ruller&&randy@randoon.com&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login
IP Logged

Melissa
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Stratford
Reply #6 - Aug 20th, 2009 at 1:18pm

In regards to the photo in reply number two, my Great Aunt Helen assures me that it is indeed her daughter Carol, the little toddler in the front of the picture.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print