Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Our Trees  Our Trees
  We've upgraded to YaBB 2.5.2!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Put Your Family Tree On Line (Read 6010 times)
Mel Ruller
YaBB Moderator

I love Genealogy!

Put Your Family Tree On Line
Apr 19th, 2004 at 12:19pm

Attached as a 912.kb  Acrobat file is a news article from todays, (19-Apr_04), "Kitchener Record" about designing and maintaining a web page for your family tree. and a book on the subject, also a web address.

If any of our group is considering putting "our" family tree on line, I suggest they solicit the whole group for ideas and to see if any one else is willing to help

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login (911 KB | )

Mel Ruller&&mruller@cogeco.ca&&1-519-846-0425&&39 Sophia Street, Elora, Ont. N0B 1S0 Canada

IP Logged

John West
YaBB Administrator

I have no hobbies

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Re: Put Your Family Tree On Line
Reply #1 - Apr 27th, 2004 at 5:48pm

I think that's a hint to Randy Ruller  Wink

Go on Randy. What are you waiting for?  Grin

IP Logged

Randy Ruller
YaBB Administrator

My hovercraft is full
of eels

Casselman, Ontario, Canada
Reply #2 - Apr 27th, 2004 at 7:08pm

I really don’t have the time.

Then there is the fact that I am truly a newbie to all of this, including our board.

This place is a forum for all of us and if 1, 2, or more of you want to get together and create such a site, I say, “go for it!” I/we, John and I will host it and assist you as needed.

That's my pal, John West, up there. Grin

Orange you glad we don't have to trace his line Wink

Randy Ruller&&randy@randoon.com&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login
IP Logged

Barb_Page
YaBB Newbies

Climbing the Family Tree
to find my roots

Courtenay, BC
Reply #3 - Sep 3rd, 2005 at 11:16am

I don't have Family Tree Maker, which most people are using now, but as far as I know, if you "create a web page" with FTM it will go directly to their web site and you can't send it to your own web site.

I created my web pages with Family Origins and put them on the free web pages I get with Shaw Cable.  It is pretty easy to do because the program does it all for you.  Family Origins is no longer available (taken over by FTM), but there are other programs that will do the same thing.

Here is the URL for my web site, called Barbara's Page
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login

Barbara Lee Page
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print