Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Seens_The Family (Read 10621 times)
Mick Beale

I'd rather be swimming...

Fort McMurray
Seens_The Family
Apr 12th, 2004 at 9:01pm

I haven't had a chance to check out the Seens info completely. Anyone have a summary or GED file?
« Last Edit: May 8th, 2004 at 7:49am by Mel Ruller »  
IP Logged

Mel Ruller
YaBB Moderator

I love Genealogy!

NS familyRe: The Seens Family
Reply #1 - Apr 13th, 2004 at 5:39am

Hi Mick;

I e-mailed you five seperate acrobat pages about the SEENS family that you might have missed.

(The reason I used e-mail was because they were seperate pages and I could send them all-at-once.)

Thanks Mel

Mel Ruller&&mruller@cogeco.ca&&1-519-846-0425&&39 Sophia Street, Elora, Ont. N0B 1S0 Canada

IP Logged

Mick Beale

I'd rather be swimming...

Fort McMurray
Re: The Seens Family
Reply #2 - Apr 13th, 2004 at 8:16am

Thanks, Mel.

I got pages 4 and 5. The rest were likely lost in email world due to the size of them.

Mick

IP Logged

Mel Ruller
YaBB Moderator

I love Genealogy!

Reply #3 - Apr 13th, 2004 at 8:33am

OK I've gotta go out for the day. I'll get the rest to you again later.

Mel Ruller&&mruller@cogeco.ca&&1-519-846-0425&&39 Sophia Street, Elora, Ont. N0B 1S0 Canada

IP Logged

Mel Ruller
YaBB Moderator

I love Genealogy!

Reply #4 - Apr 13th, 2004 at 7:13pm

Here's page 1

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login (603 KB | )

IP Logged

Mel Ruller
YaBB Moderator

I love Genealogy!

Reply #5 - Apr 13th, 2004 at 7:15pm

Page two

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login (1162 KB | )

IP Logged

Mel Ruller
YaBB Moderator

I love Genealogy!

Reply #6 - Apr 13th, 2004 at 7:16pm

Page three

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login (1333 KB | )

IP Logged

Randy Ruller
YaBB Administrator

My hovercraft is full
of eels

Casselman, Ontario, Canada
Reply #7 - Apr 14th, 2004 at 6:48am

Would you please post the last 2 pages for the rest of us?

Randy Ruller&&randy@randoon.com&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login
IP Logged

Mel Ruller
YaBB Moderator

I love Genealogy!

Reply #8 - Apr 14th, 2004 at 1:12pm

As requested by the administrator, The last two pages of "The Seens Family Information" This is page 4, Page 5 will follow in a seperate posting

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login (1240 KB | )

IP Logged

Mel Ruller
YaBB Moderator

I love Genealogy!

Reply #9 - Apr 14th, 2004 at 1:36pm

Page five of "the Seens Family Information"

If you don't happen to know, Mary Seens married William James Ruller out west in the Tarbolton area of Manitoba, sometime before 1889. She died April 11, 1889 at 20 years old.

William James Ruller came back East and married Eliza Brothers, daughter of Montezuma Brothers, September 6, 1896

He was then about 43 years old. Eliza was 26

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login (287 KB | )

IP Logged

Randy Ruller
YaBB Administrator

My hovercraft is full
of eels

Casselman, Ontario, Canada
Reply #10 - Apr 14th, 2004 at 4:17pm

Thanks!

That was a good read.
I love imagining the period of these first hand writings.

You had me hanging...

Waiting for pages 4 & 5 Wink

Randy Ruller&&randy@randoon.com&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login
IP Logged

Mel Ruller
YaBB Moderator

I love Genealogy!

Reply #11 - Apr 14th, 2004 at 4:23pm

If you enjoyed that read, I have a photo copy of the whole book that that story came from.

It's called "Tarbolton Trails 1880 - 1969" and has a lot more stories that include our relatives who settled in that area in those days.

We'll have to get it all distributed some day. It's about 100 pages

IP Logged

Mel Ruller
YaBB Moderator

I love Genealogy!

Reply #12 - Apr 14th, 2004 at 4:31pm

While we're on the subject of the Seens family, attached is a compilation done by Melinda Brasier on April 05, 2004

Mick this is the summary that I meant to send you in response to your request for more information. on April the 12th 2004!

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login (40 KB | )

IP Logged

Melinda
YaBB Moderator

We should be dancing!

Washington, USA
Reply #13 - Apr 30th, 2004 at 1:36am

Mary Seens' headstone, thanks to Mel Ruller.

See my revised Seens family Word Doc. at
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login

Melinda
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2005 at 11:53pm by Melinda »  
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login (852 KB | )

IP Logged

Mel Ruller
YaBB Moderator

I love Genealogy!

Reply #14 - Apr 30th, 2004 at 8:02am

Great job on piecing together all the information on the Seens family and posting it as a Word Document Today, 30-Apr-04, Melinda. Cheesy

I do have two corrections to suggest however. Shocked

In the section describing William James Ruller and his marriage to Mary Seens, you quote the Grandview Manitoba census records that William James Ruller was born in England, apparently in 1855? William could not have been born in England, his parents immigrated to Canada in 1842! In the 1851 Ontario censuses, the young Ruller Family of William George and his wife Eliza Holgate are shown in Wellesley twsp. with children Ann 12,  (who is the only one born in England), Samuel 10, Harriet 8, Mary 6, Eliza 4 and Isabella 2. The ages are "age next birthday". William James is not listed.

Ten years later, in 1861 the family has moved to Wallace twsp. where we find all the children who were listed in 1851 except Isabella, (who died at the age of 5), plus William J. 8, Sarah I. 5, Elizabeth 3, and George 1. (Apparently this census taker called all the Elizas, "Elizabeth")

William James was obviously born in Ontario, between 1851 and 1861 (In the 1871 census William James is still shown living at home and age 17 next birthday. That would confirm him as born in 1855. By the 1881 census William is not shown in the family group, who by then was found in Minto Twsp.

2nd point a few lines further down you show William James Ruller as buried in Brotherston cemetery in Elora! William James is buried in Brotherston cemetery, but that's not in Elora! I live in Elora, Brotherston is about a 45 minute drive away from here. (I must make a note to drive up there and get some Grave stone photos. Both at Brotherston and South Salem Cemetery which are just down the road from each other.)

If you agree with these corrections, I'd like to suggest that you modify and repost your word document in a modified posting. (If what we post is available for future generations, we have an obligation to leave it for them as accurate as possible.)

I just recently discovered that any member can modify their original posting, which is a great way to ensure that we leave only accurate information for future members.

Thanks Mel Ruller

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print